Local Stories, Sights and Lifestyle -created for those with limited mobility
Get up close and personal with the living history and heritage of Sydney. Created for people with mobile disabilities you can discover the heart and soul of Sydney on this accessible tour in the centre of the city. Wheelchair users welcome. Your private guide will share insights and secrets as you move from Hyde Park , past imposing colonial buildings to Sydney Opera House and the historic Rocks area skirting the sparkling water of Sydney harbour. All level access so this tour is perfectly suitable for those with limited mobility. A complementary folding wheelchair is available on request.
Highlights of this Accessible Sydney Tour:
- With your local guide in the heart of a modern city you will uncover Sydney’s rich aboriginal heritage and discover the unique origins of the colony of Sydney
- Start at Hyde Park – once the race track for the colony – next to St Marys Cathedral.
- As you move down Macquarie St you will pass early colonial buildings . Look out for Il Porcellino statue – it is known to give good luck !.
- See the domain – a popular place for big outdoor concerts as you move to the Royal Botanic Gardens – a natural haven in the middle of the city.
- You can choose to enter the grand palace gates and walk through the Gardens down to the water’s edge. Or continue down Macquarie St to the stunning Sydney Opera House.
- Your guide will share the amazing story of the build of the Sydney Opera House ** see below for optional tour of inside the Sydney Opera House
- Stop for a refreshment before heading across Circular Quay to the historic Rocks area. A fascinating area with a chequered history.
- Your tour ends at the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Why not continue to explore in the Rocks and enjoy the many dining opportunities and stores?
Click on image below for a 90 second snapshot of the Sydney guided accessible walking tour.
- Have a question or a special request ? Contact us and we will respond as quickly as possible.
- Go at your own pace- tour is private and exclusive to you
- For all levels of mobility – stick, walker or wheelchair
- Level access
- 2.5 kms
- Free folding wheelchair on hand so you can fully enjoy the tour ( prebook only)
- Health and safety measures in place- hand sanitiser included. Please adhere to government requirements for individuals.
- Refreshment included.
- Comfort stops enroute
* OPTIONAL EXTRA :
A tour inside the famous Sydney Opera House can be added to this tour. We can book this experience for you ( additional cost and subject to availability). The tour duration is one hour.
When you book the tour of the inside of the Sydney Opera House , your guide will give you directions to the Rocks and notes for a self guided tour of this area after your Opera House tour.
Remember if you have a question or a special request, Contact us and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Duration: 2.5 hours or 3 hours if optional inside tour of Opera House selected ( Comfort stops enroute)
Important Information for this accessible tour:
- Bring your camera or video, because there will be lots of fascinating sights and views along the route .
- Your guide will meet you at the Archibald fountain in Hyde Park at 1000. Guide contact number will be provided to you prior to departure.
- Carers, family and friends readily included. Rate for additional passengers on the tour is only an extra $ 75 each. Contact us for groups larger than 6 people.
- People of varying levels of mobility are catered for – like wheelchairs, walkers, sticks. The tour offers NO STEPS. All on flat surface so wheelchair users welcome. Complimentary folding wheelchair available by request ( must be pre ordered)
- Health and safety measures in place, like hand sanitiser included. Please adhere to government requirements for individuals.
- Details of cancellation policy and terms and conditions here
- Do you have a question ? Responses to frequently asked questions can be found on our FAQ page.
- Do you have a special request ? Contact us and we will respond as quickly as possible.
*And in addition to the Sydney guided accessible walking tour, there are many more adventures to be enjoyed in Sydney. Click here for more Sydney wheelchair accessible tours.