Big Love crosses the globe this week on Valentines Day.
It’s a beautiful idea, especially in these times, to focus on people, especially those we care about.
When it comes to Valentines Day it’s hard not to notice the many ads and emails from businesses encouraging us to show our love with them. Millions of dollars is outlayed at hotels, restaurants and florists. It’s a popular day too for proposals and weddings. However it is not just lovers who enjoy this day.
There are some interesting facts arising from this day of Love.
Here are 7 little known realities about Valentines Day:
1. Did you know that on Valentines Day, teachers in US receive the most valentines ? The next group to receive a high number of valentines are children. These are followed by mothers, then wives and partners.
2. Pet owners are big spenders on Valentines Day.
3. Men spend twice as much as women on this day
4. 15% of women send flowers to themselves
5. More at home pregnancy tests are sold in March than in any other month
6. Wondering what is the top selling Valentines Day card ? In 2006, this Star Wars card sold more than any other card.
Timeless ! Perfect for lovers of the Star Wars movies and today will probably still impress someone you care about – no matter what age.
7. Perhaps you follow other shows. Here is another timeless card. If you are a lover of The Simpsons tv show, this card featured in one of their episodes. Maybe it is perfect for you !
We love that the world can stop, if only for a day, to share the love.
We hope you share it with those in your life who are special to you. Regardless of how you share it, the more love and joy we spread the happier we all will be in 2018.